May 2009 Newsletter
Online Payments through MyDrBill or MyLabBill
Now that over half of American households are banking online, online bill payment has become an accepted—even expected—service. This trend applies to healthcare payments, and Quadax offers a unique solution that is integrated into our HARP A/R management software.
Patients can log on to www.MyLabBill.com or www.MyDrBill.com anytime to pay their medical bills by credit card in a safe, secure environment. Online credit card payments are recorded on the patient’s tickets in HARP. In the near future, payments can be automatically posted to HARP from an electronic payment file, similar to a remittance advice.
But MyDrBill and MyLabBill offer more than just online payments. Patients can also:
- Update their personal information, such as home address or insurance, ensuring that bills are sent to the correct address and claims go to the right insurance.
- Check their balances to see when and how payments were applied.
- Dispute charges. The Red Flag Rules require a means to dispute questionable charges as a component of an identity theft prevention program.
- Access the phone number of your office or call center to make credit card payments through one of your representatives.
Online payment is not limited to patients. Healthcare professionals can take advantage of this service to pay their client bills (roster bills) online by credit card.
Features of MyDrBill/MyLabBill
- Patient statements and client bills include the easy-to-remember URL (www.MyDrBill.com or www.MyLabBill.com) and the access code for logging on. Your practice’s Web site can also provide a link.
- After logging on to the secure site, your own logo appears on the site’s pages along with specific contact information for your practice.
- All credit card data is transmitted directly to the payment gateway, which reduces the risk of processing and storing credit card information in your office.
- Our safe and secure environment meets Payment Card Industry (PCI) data security standards.
- Real-time processing of payments results in faster reimbursement.
Are you interested in providing this high-end service to your patients for low-end fees? Contact your account representative to learn more.